Robin Williams was an epitome of joy, laughter and madness. Everybody adored him and he loved everybody. Whenever we saw him on the silver screen, he made us laugh; sometimes with the role of an unorthodox English teacher who asked his students to ‘seize the day’ or by portraying a crazy father in ‘The Crazy Ones’. This year, Hollywood has lost its one of the greatest actor and the universe has lost a vibrant personality and a stand-up comedian.
He got a high by making everybody laugh, the pleasure he got by seeing those laughing faces was not to be said in words. And maybe that’s why he did not reveal his depression issues to the world.
I am sure most of us couldn’t believe the news of his apparent suicide and thought this to be one of those death hoaxes, but sadly, it wasn’t so.
Here are some quotes said by the funny guy himself in some of his movies and real life. Some of these are funny and some of these are the ones we all should swear by.
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
- You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
- Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
- Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.
- Ah, yes, divorce… from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man’s genitals through his wallet.
- If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
- Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs.
- God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.
- Reality: What a concept!
- Having George W. Bush giving a lecture on business ethics is like having a leper give you a facial, it just doesn’t work!
- You have this idea that you’d better keep working otherwise people will forget. And that was dangerous.
- Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it ‘all the money,’ but they changed it to ‘alimony.’ It’s ripping your heart out through your wallet.
- Some people say Jesus wasn’t Jewish. Of Course he was Jewish! 30 years old, single, lives with his parents, come on! He works in his father’s business, his mom thought he was God’s gift, he’s Jewish! Give it up!
- I wonder what chairs think about all day: “Oh, here comes another asshole.”
Wherever this wonderful soul is, I hope he has finally come out of his problems and is at peace with himself.