Gloomy weather is back, thanks to the Rain Gods! To make myself happy I’ve tried many things like coffee, freshly baked cookies, red velvet cake and what not. But I wanted to try some other thing so I decided to make honey-chilly potatoes. It was my first attempt at making these and fortunately, they weren’t a disaster. Here is the recipe I followed.
- Potatoes (according to your requirement), peeled and cut into the shape of French fries or wedges
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey (You can use 1 tbsp if you prefer your potatoes to be less sweet)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Finely chopped Onions (1 big or 2 small)
- Coriander (for garnishing)
– Heat oil in a non-stick pan and deep fry potatoes till crisp and golden.
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in another pan and add crushed garlic cloves.
– Add onions and sauté till they are translucent.
– Add red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, red chilli powder, chilli flakes and honey. Mix well and cook for half a minute
– Add salt.
– Lower the heat and add the potato wedges and mix well.
– Serve it hot and garnish it with coriander leaves.
After cutting the wedges, dip them in cold water for about 5-10 minutes to achieve crispy wedges.
You can also sprinkle corn flour to make them crispier.